- 6-8 potatoes, scrubbed well (6-8)
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided (60 mL)
- 1 tsp pepper (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Line a 13 x 18 inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut vertical parallel slits 1/8 to 1/4 inch (3 – 6 mm) apart, in the potatoes without cutting all the way through the potato.
TIP: Rest the potato lengthwise between two chopsticks or two wooden spoons to prevent cutting completely through.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and gently brush 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil over the cut portions of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for potatoes for 90 minutes, basting the potatoes every 30 minutes with remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil to ensure golden crisp edges.
Recipe courtesy of Canola EatWell