- 1 lb carrots, peeled (500 g)
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled (500 g)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil, divided (45 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (75 mL)
Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- 3Tbsp mayonnaise (45 mL)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (15 mL)
- Preheat oven to 425℉ (220ºC).
- Line a 13 x 18 inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut carrots and parsnips into thirds and cut each in half lengthwise into quarters; place in a large bowl. Toss with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the oil, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt.
- On prepared baking sheet, spread carrots and parsnips. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil with Parmesan cheese.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan mixture and toss to coat. Return sheet to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley and sriracha. Serve as a dip.
Recipe courtesy of Canola EatWell